Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve

This was the first year we spent Christmas away from either of our families. I think it was a little bittersweet for us. We definitely missed our parents and siblings, but also really enjoyed spending so much time, just the three of us! Ashley's extended family in San Diego also took good care of us and fed us on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

Christmas Eve we spent some time at David & Solveig's new house, where Parker received his first round of gifts!


A new airplane from Great-Grandma Scholl



Later that evening we opened our traditional Christmas jammies. Parker was really getting the hang of ripping off the paper.


I wanted to take a family picture by the tree, but Parker was not having any of it. Here are some I snapped while trying to set up the camera.




After Parker was in bed Sam and I enjoyed some peace and quiet, and fondue!


Then we got to play Santa!! I told Sam that setting up all the gifts made me feel like a parent for the first time!

1 comment:

Karen said...

We missed you guys soooo much! Next year?