Sunday, May 22, 2011

Surprise!

Last weekend my friend Lori and I threw a surprise party for our husbands who both turned, and are turning 30 this year!  We picked a date that was in between their birthdays (after Paul's, before Sam's) so it would be a surprise to both of them.  We decided to have a Minute to Win It theme.  Every time I watched the show I thought how fun it would be to  have a party; thankfully Lori had the same thought so we teamed up and threw a joint party!

We invited all our Kellogg friends from the ward (it's so great there are so many of us) and had a great time!  It was really fun, but also very stressful to pull off.  There were so many times I wanted to talk to Sam about what was going on.  Plus getting him to go along with the plans for that day without asking too many questions was tough!  All of the sudden he wanted to be very involved in what was going on, or maybe I just noticed it more when I wanted him to stay out of it!  So no more surprise parties for him; hope he enjoyed it. :)


Game set up.  We had a Team Sam & a Team Paul.  All the supplies needed for each team's games were in the boxes.
Food
Table set up

This was Lori's genius idea.  She made stickers with the guys' pictures on them for each team.  I think it was my favorite part!
A collage of some of the games we played.  They were a blast!

*Lori took all these pictures too.  What am I going to do when she leaves?

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Looks like lots of fun. We did minute it to win it as a YM/YW combined activity and the youth loved it.

Karen said...

LOVE it! Wish I could have been there to play along. Happy Birthday, Sam!!