Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall...sort of

We have had the most GORGEOUS week in Chicago.  Sunshine and 70s, I never want it to end! PS-I just saw on the news that we set a new record in Chicago for this time of year...8 days of sunshine in a row!  My friend Heather and I bought Groupons to a Fall "farm" and decided to take advantage of the warm weather and go last week.  The boys had a great time and it was fun to get out of Evanston for the day.

There were bouncy houses, 



and a big inflatable slide.


We watched the pig races.  These were our two MCs (Billy Bob and Cletus?)  After about 5 minutes of them carrying on Heather said to me "I think we're getting too much for our money".  Ha!




There was a giant corn box (like a sand box, but with corn kernels)





We took a ride on the cow train, 



and a hay ride. 



Fed the goats (which Parker declared his favorite part of the day).  I thought it was gross.



Lincoln got stuck trying to climb between the pumpkins




With a stop for sustenance (and toys) before heading home!

1 comment:

Krista said...

This looks like so much fun:) I also can see that you definitely left your heart in San Diego. What a fun trip,for you guys. I need an update with job outlook and where you will end up if you know. Tell me it is the bay area :)