Sunday, November 6, 2011

We had a busy Halloween season.  To be honest, I was really glad for it to be over and took down the decorations first thing the morning after.  Between two Kellogg Halloween parties, ward party, and two trick or treats, I was Halloween-ed out! 

ward party costume parade

Lincoln was very successful at the cupcake walk

For our ward party the kids did trick or treating in the hallways of the building.  Families could sign up to decorate a classroom door and hand out candy.  One family brought a fog machine and it set off the smoke alarms-whoops!  Because it's such a big building, the fire department had to come and turn them off.  As we were walking out the firemen were just getting ready to leave and they let our little firefighter sit on the truck and gave him a fire truck card which he loves.  It was definitely the highlight of the night.


dragon and firefighter

not a fan of his costume


The boys were champs and stayed out trick or treating for about an hour.  Once their buckets got too heavy to carry we headed home!  I'm still trying to figure out our Halloween candy policy.  Right now I'm letting them have 2-3 pieces every day, but we seriously have so. much. candy (plus I'm pretty sure it's why Parker has been so cranky and ornery lately).  Do I just toss it?  Let them trade it in for toys?

Speaking of, did everyone see the hilarious Jimmy Kimmel video?  I wish I would have done this.




2 comments:

Krista said...

ha! that video was so funny. We just had the halloween fairy come and give the kids $5 bucks each to buy a little prize. They were happy this year. We'll see how it goes next.

Lori said...

Ashley, I just laughed so hard I cried watching that video. I don't know why I thought it was THAT funny, but I did. Thanks for sharing!

I love Krista's Halloween fairy idea! I'm afraid Emmett's going to be asking me for a treat from his bucket every day for the next 60 days!