Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the City of Roses

Two weekends ago, Parker and I headed up to Portland for my cousin Jennifer's wedding. She married a great guy, Michael, and we had such a fun time with family!

This was Parker's second plane trip, and he did great. On the way there we had an empty seat next to us, so he slept almost the whole way. (Thank you!!!)



The night we got there (Thursday), we went to the rehearsal dinner at Old Town Pizza in Portland. Apparently it's a Portland institution. The pizza was really good, and it was cool place. Parker looked at the menu, but decided to just enjoy his hand instead.
The next night was the wedding. It was held at a historic hotel downtown, the Multnomah, (which is now an Embassy Suites). The wedding was beautiful, and so was Jennifer!
Here I am with my date for the evening. He was the most handsome guy there.My grandma, and her children (minus my dad who was stuck in Texas)

Mr. and Mrs. Rogers dancing their first dance.

Aunt Vickie, Aunt Terri, Christa, and me at the reception.

Aunt Carollyn was the hit of the reception.



On Saturday my mom, Parker, and I were able to spend some time with the other side of the family. We went to the Portland farmer's market in the morning (which was awesome, but I don't have pics of). Then we headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's to hang with them and the Best family.
Mom got Parker laughing a ton. I wish I would have gotten a video of the lengths she went to to make him laugh. It was funnier than he was!
Uncle Rich and Parker
Spencer, Tracy, Rich, and Grandma
Andrew
I love this one of Parker
We also went over the the Wilkes and got to see Aunt Leigh Anne, Uncle Jim, and Tessa for a little bit, of course I forgot to take pictures, but thanks for having us over! It was so nice to see our family after so long.

My little pilot and I headed home on Sunday morning. We had a few delays on the way, but we finally made it and were glad to see Sam again!
Thanks Christa for letting me rip off some of your pics!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

OH my gosh, he's getting so big!! And adorable. I just want to snuggle with him. Hope we can see each other soon!

Margaret.... said...

um he's the cutest.

Jackie said...

That Parker is the cutest little boy ever!

christa said...

haha...no problem! come up to visit soon!