Sunday, November 2, 2008

Prop 8 Day

This Saturday Sam and I spent most of the day working on the Yes on 8 campaign. It was actually a lot of fun! In the morning we just walked around an area putting door hangers on front doors to remind people to vote.



Later in the day we attended a street rally in Poway. About 600 Prop 8 supporters showed up to wave signs. I was amazed at the positive response we got. A lot of people that drove by waved, honked, and gave us thumbs up!
Storm Troopers vote yes on 8!

This car drove up and down the street throwing candy out the window for the sign holders. As Sam and I were leaving we saw a policeman had pulled them over!
Sam and Parker
Remember to vote Yes on 8!!


8 comments:

bradget said...

That's so cool that you guys get to get in on the action. I'm so proud!

Lisa said...

Good for you for getting out there and standing up for what you believe in! My brother & sister live in San Diego and are doing the same thing. My sister has been screamed and yelled at but she still continues. It takes so much strength! Thank you!!

jenny said...

Oh my gosh Parker is ADORABLE. I love his little hat!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad there are good people who stand up for what they believe in! You guys are awesome--way to get involved.

Baylis Family said...

I'm so glad that Prop 8 was voted for and won. Good work. It would have been fun to be involved in it too.

Charlie said...

Hey, we got to do the same thing on saturday, expect there were like 2,500 people there on the street we were on, but it was raining, not fair.

Maren and Kurt said...

Ashley- Congrats on all your hard work on Prop 8. I was so happy to hear from you guys. I need to be a better blogger...I should be updating soon. Your son is so cute!

Karen said...

Dearest Ashley,

Your Sister and I were recently the sorrowful fact that you do not write enough on your blog.....

Quote: " I fell so alone when she does not blog....I feel like my world has come to an end" -Lucy

" Not knowing all the wonderful new things in the schmidts life makes me want to put my lip over my head and swallow it...."-Lucy

I hope this convincing note has changed your heart....

Lucy and Mom

(Lucy wrote this!)