Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Beware of Dog Party

I'm blogging while watching American Idol (I like Lauren, but hate those ridiculous flower earrings she wore in her first number) and doing the dishes during commercials (no DVR).  My kitchen is a disaster.  We had a birthday party for Parker today, plus I made the mistake of not emptying the dishwasher in the morning.  So of course I'm just now emptying it and the sink and counters are stacked with dirty dishes.

We had a dog party for Parker and some of his friends.  We had it here in our little apartment which fills up fast, so it was a little chaotic, but fun.

When the kids came in they each picked a dog name for themselves and we put name tags on them with their new names.  Some of them were pretty funny.  Parker picked Spiderman (it was between that and Dragon).  We also had a Rocky, Nuke, Copper, Sadie, Nightmare, Fish (love!), and Puppy.  

Parker basking in the excitement of his big day

Then we played some games.  First up was fetch.  I threw a ball and when I called out their doggy name they ran to get the ball. 

"Fish" fetching
Then we played "obedience school".  I would call out commands like speak, sit, roll over and when the kids obeyed they got a treat.  Behind Parker you can see "Nuke" eating an m&m out of my hand.  Ha!


Then the kids had lunch: hot dogs, grapes, and Scooby snacks. 



 The last activity was taking a trip to the puppy adoption center.  Each of the kids got to pick a dog and then I filled out adoption certificates with their dog's name saying they would take good care of their animals.


three cute boys with their new dogs


Then we cut the cake.  I got this idea from someone else's blog, but I love it.  Looks like dog food, no?




the kids ate their cake from their own dog bowls

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!
*Big thanks to my friend Lori for taking all these pictures for me!


Things Parker loves:
-playing basketball & baseball with Dad
-doing puzzles
-reading books
-friends
-helping Mom clean (especially sweeping)
-swimming lessons

Parker is such a sweet boy.  He is always nice to his friends and is great about sharing his toys.  He loves Lincoln and is an amazing big brother.  I love hearing them play and laugh together.  Today they were sitting on the bathroom counter brushing teeth while I was doing my hair and Parker said "is Lincoln my baby?" and gave him such a sweet hug.  He's pretty much completely potty trained (yay!).  He loves to sing, and often sings the ABCs to Lincoln to make him "feel better".  We love our little man!

6 comments:

bradget said...

So cute! I love all your ideas!

Clay and Katy said...

Your party looked so fun! Great ideas! Happy birthday Parker!

Krista said...

such a cute party!! I love the cake and dog adoption. You are a party girl. You throw great parties! Can I hire you? :)

Brittany said...

You are so creative! Your boys are lucky to have you!

Lori said...

Such an awesome kids party!

Karen said...

Yay, Parker (Spiderman)!! Great party. You are such a great mom. Does a mother good to see her kids be better than she is. Love you!